Greetings, friends!  

Today, I'm happy to be joining 10 incredibly talented bloggers as they share their beyond beautiful Christmas mantels!  


And, while our mantel is far from a show-stopper, I'm humbled to join these fabulous ladies to spread a bit of Chistmas mantel cheer!  

So, here it is:


I have to admit, I was in a bit of a holiday mantel "slump" this year ... maybe it was the new house ... maybe it was missing our old fireplace ... I just couldn't get with it!  And, then, as I was wandering through the aisles of HomeGoods, with my typical "deer caught in the headlights" look, I spotted it!  There it was ... at long last ... my mantel inspiration!  (My sincere apologies to the sweet  group of ladies whom I almost knocked over getting to it!)


Once I put 50 holes in the wall trying to center it and hang it at the proper height above the mirror, it was time to start working my way down, with red, black and white being the main colors.


This cute reindeer from Hobby Lobby was then cast as the centerpiece on the mantel!  While he was so handsome and whimsical on his own, I wanted to add a bit of "oomph" behind him to help show him off a bit, so, I hung a simple wreath behind him and then let green and silver join the fun, too:


And, okay, "bow maker" will never make its way onto my resume, but, I was on a mission to add a few to our flocked garland, to tie in the black and white colors in our cute chalkboard sign.  So, thank you, Youtube, for the tutorial!  


I then added leftover ribbon to a pillow (from IKEA) to carry the black and white theme around the room, which I'll share later ...


As I was "shopping" our Christmas bins, I had forgotten I had these cute red trees (from Wal-Mart a few years ago) ... don't you love free decorating?!


Originally,  I didn't plan on using our nutcrackers this year, but, as I closed the lid on the bin where we keep them, I'm pretty sure I heard a muffled cry ... so, out came a couple of them!


We can't have a sad Nutcracker, now can we?  I'm happy I added this fella and his twin because, no matter how hard I might try to stay simplistic, I always *need* a little bit of bling!


Our colorful view as we relax on the couch ...


You can never go wrong with a faux poinsettia from Michael's, can you? 


Of course, I had to carry the black, white, red, green and silver theme over to our tree, too!


I hope you'll come back soon to see that and the rest of our room.


You won't want to miss the other mantels on the tour ... they'll undoubtedly inspire you like they did me!





















Thanks so much for stopping by,

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top