As I'm sitting here, with the dismal views of rain, I find myself looking at pics of my parent's second home here in North Myrtle Beach.  It "takes me to a better place" as it reminds me of warmer temps and sunny days.  Seeing as most of you guys are dealing with the same kind of icky weather, I thought I'd share their humble abode with you, too!  The even better news is that this home is FOR SALE!  That's right folks ... if you, or anyone you know, has an extra $1,290,000 lying around, and would love a home at the beach, please let me know!

We all affectionately call this home "the creek house."  It sits on a deep water canal with spectacular views and some of the most beautiful sunsets you've ever seen!  You can't really see it in this picture, but it has a gorgeous green, tin roof, which helps to put you to sleep on a rainy day when the rains hits the roof (feel free to click on pics to enlarge):


Mom chose to decorate this house in pretty corals, various shades of green and touches of yellows, pinks and whites.  This is the great room on the second floor, which is the main living level of their home.  The most amazing views are right through those sliding glass doors:


One of the master bedrooms is in the background: 


We used to love to enjoy coffee in the morning and cocktails in the afternoon sitting right out here, while enjoying this view.  Close your eyes and listen closely, you can almost hear and feel the breeze blowing through your hair and ripping through the pages of your Star, People or Traditional Home magazine, can't you?  Careful, don't spill your Bahama Mama!


Here is one of two master bedrooms that is on the main level.


The kitchen has beautiful hardwoods and marble countertops.  The cabinets are a beautiful soft, glazed yellow. 


On the third floor is another great room where the kids usually hang out.  There is another balcony through the sliding doors ... I wish I had more pictures of the view to share.  On each side of the great room are bedrooms, each with a private bath.  Also, not pictured, is a large bonus room that could also be used as another bedroom:


One of the 3rd floor bedrooms:


Right down the street is a private wildlife reserve which serves for wonderful evening strolls:


Did I mention that their home is being sold furnished and has an elevator to conveniently bring in all of your flea market, Home Goods and Hobby Lobby purchases?  There is also a floating dock for your convenience AND they are including a boat, too, which currently sits parked in the *ginormous* garage!  All you need to bring is your bathing suit, sunscreen, toothbrush (and checkbook)!

Thanks for letting me share my parents' second home with you today.  As the temps get warmer, I'll take you over to their gorgeous home on the beach where they live full-time. 

For a few moments there, I almost forgot it's cold and raining outside!  Hope you felt a burst of sun and warmer temps, too!

Have a great day,

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top