Okay, soooo .... a show of hands please as to how many of you are staring at your empty mantels right this very moment, with that *glazed over* look in your eye, agonizing over how you're going to decorate it for Fall this year? 
 
Well, that was me last week ... actually, even as I took these pictures.  Second guessing ... moving leaf no. 14 to the right just a tad ... tilting one pumpkin just 1/8" more to the left ... you know how it goes!
 
This is where it stands for now ... I thought I'd share before I change it all over again.
 
 
This year, I really wanted to add lots of pops of vibrant orange:
 
 
Michael's had just what I was looking for as far as simple, yet colorful branches.  Thankfully, they finally went on sale (40% off).  And, as a side note ... for those of you with smart phones ... did you know that there is an app for Michael's?  You simply load the app and whenever you're at Michael's, open the app, select coupon, and the clerk will scan the barcode appearing on your screen.  It's awesome and saves you from having to look out for coupons in your mail or newspaper or hoping that one of the staff members will be kind enough to give you one!
 
 
Baby pumpkins, acorns, leaves and pinecones are having fun all mixed together in this glass apothecary (all of which I had on hand):
 
 
I grabbed up this simple platter at Wal-Mart ... love their Better Homes and Gardens seasonal pieces!
 
 
Making a return appearance for the 3rd year in a row is the garland I made out of wooden craft beads ... I just couldn't leave it in the storage box until next year:
 
 
One of our colorful pumpkins sits comfortably on a "bed" of burlap, tucked in an urn I had on hand, as well:
 
 
The one thing that I did splurge on was this pretty Fall artwork that I stumbled up at Tuesday Morning.  It was just what I was looking for to serve as a focal point.
 

 
Annnnd, down below, I found this sweet ladderback chair at a local consignment shop for $10(!), and I didn't even have to paint it.  Will I sit on it?  Um, probably not because the chair will crumble beneath me, BUT, it serves as the perfect spot to rest a couple of seasonal pillows, pumpkin and throw:
 
 
Speaking of pumpkins, I knew I wanted to add a few more in a basket to the hearth, but, nothing I had on hand was large enough.  Of course, Home Goods came to the rescue ... isn't this a fun, metal basket?  Love the vintage feel and burlap liner!
 
 
And, there you have it.  I do love our little Fall mantel for now ... especially the ambiance the lights give off in the evening:
 
 
I can't wait to see everyone else's mantels!

I'm off to party with:

2805/Potpourri Friday
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
From My Front Porch to Yours/Treasure Hunt Thursday
Kristen's Creations/Share your Creations
Funky Junk Interiors/SNS
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Stone Gable Cottage/Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
52 Mantels/Thursdays Are Your Days
Centsational Girl/Autumn Mantels Link Party
Fox Hollow Cottage/Octoberfest Mantel Party
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top