Recently, I've been messin' around in the sitting room ... trying to add a bit of "newness."  Nothing too exciting though ... just "little somethings" here and there.

With the cold temps officially being *ova,* it was time to retire the red and bring Spring-like colors back!


You may remember that I lined the back of the bookcase with brown craft paper last Fall.  That's gone now and back is the map wallpaper that I lined it with last Spring.  Admittedly, it was nice to welcome back the soft colors and fun map images.


I also switched things up just a tad on a few of the shelves ... like by adding these new pots from Marshall's ... yes, they're similar to the ones from IKEA that used to be there, but I love the metal number "tags" that these have:


I added a nest full of robin's eggs to this twine wrapped plate for a splash of *Spring-y* blue.  I also covered the books in craft paper (just need to add something to the spine):


Back are the pops of coral:


A new fleur-de-lis dish from Home Goods:


And, an inexpensive wine carafe, also from Home Goods ... love the texture that the wicker adds:


I pulled the ol' *switch-a-roo* by replacing the mirrored chest that used to be in here with the blue chest (that was in our bedroom) ... isn't it fun to shop in your own home?  I know that my hubby LOVES when I do that!  I'm thinking about painting the mirror AS Linen:


A black and white nautical print (Home Goods) is a fun pairing with inexpensive coral (from one guess ... that's right, Home Goods)!


Our family picture received a little embellishment by hot gluing Scrabble tiles onto the frame!  Fast, easy and free ... MY kind of project!


And, nooooo, these aren't ET's fingers:


Har har ... it's actually a great piece of beach wood that I found at "let's say it alllll together" ... Home Goods!  It's sitting comfortably on the bench that *used* to be in our mudroom, which has replaced the ottoman that used to be in here.  There was so much fabric going on in here between the slipcovers, pillows, panels, etc., that it was time to phase out a bit, thus, time for the ottoman to go:


Off in the background, is one of the fun, new pillow covers from Pottery Barn that I recently purchased.

Here's another peek at it, along with the new fabric that I bought.  While I LOVE the zebra print panels that I've had in here for awhile, I thought I'd trade them out ... but, I'm sure they'll be back.  For now, I'm enjoying the colors that are in this fabulous fabric ... it truly ties the corals, blues, white and tans together that I've used in here:


Here's the other pillow cover from Pottery Barn.  Of course, I had to bring back my coral throw:


I'm not done in here ... yet!  I'd LOVE to hang an oversized lantern in here and have found many that I'd scoop up in a heartbeat, if not for the *oversized* price tag!  If no sucess, I may end up painting the chandelier.  Stay tuned ...


As always, thanks for stopping by, sweet friends!


I'm linking up for the fun parties at these fabulous blogs:

At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
From My Front Porch to Yours/Treasure Hunt Thursday

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top