Happy Tuesday!  May I just say that we had temps in the low 60's and sunSHINE this weekend!  Yay!  Spring just might be right around the corner!

I've been playing around in the dining room ... recently added two lamps (that used to be in the great room) to my *new* buffet to give the room a bit more ambience.  I wanted something tall to balance out with the ginormous mirror and shelves (feel free to click on pics to enlarge): 


I like how the crisp white shades tie in with the shelves, as well.  What do you think?


Love the glass bases which offers a bit of an antique flair:


I cleaned up the once tarnished tea service (that I bought from a local antique store last Fall) with good ol' *stinky* Tarn-X!  My gosh, WHAT a ha-uge difference!


Back over to the table, I kept the burlap runner on there and added two silver candleholders that I also poured Tarn-X over.  Look how they shine, next to the pretty fleur-de-lis vase from Willow House (filled with simple greenery and white long-stemmed Spring flowers):



While I envision a gorgeous chandie, dripping with sparkling crystals that would  blind you, it will have to wait!  Soooo, in the meantime, to give the chandie a *vintage-y* feel, I kept the clear beaded garland and dripping Christmas ornaments on there.  (A simple, inexpensive and fun way to dress up your chandie without breaking the bank):


Over on one of the shelves, I placed a few simple pears on a stand I found at Home Goods.  It's always fun to add a pop of color against a light colored background:


And, to the chairs flanking the sideboard, I added new cream fabric to the cushions (which used to be sage green) and also added zebra pillows for a bit of whimsy.  I found them at good ol' Wally-World.  Adding animal print ANYthing is such a great way to add the unexpected to any decor style! 

Speaking of pillows, I added two cream, satin ones as a backdrop for my grain sack pillow that I placed on the bench by the window.  And, while I LOVE my grain sack pillow, does anyone else find that they have somewhat of an *odd* smell to them?  lol.


And, to *think* that this room once used to look like this:


Quite a change to this, isn't it?


Before I go, I have to give a loving shout out to my super talented and beautiful sister, Liz, who created my new blog header.  She's an amazing freelance graphic designer who's got serious *skeelz*!  Thanks, LizzieBoo!


And, thanks to you, friends, for stopping by. 

I'm off to blog hop at the linky parties going on at these wonderful blogs ... come on over and play:

Southern Savvy Style/B2B

Thrifty Decor Chick/Before and After Party

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday

Becca

1 comments:

  1. Are you having trouble in resolving Connection server errors from the Binance exchange account? Connection server errors are difficult to resolve as these errors are from backend. To deal with such issues and problems, you can always have connection with the team who is ready to guide you. Whenever you are in trouble, you can always have conversation with the team members via calling on Binance customer support number which is always functional and the team is ready to assist you at every step. You can always connect with the team for gaining remedies to end all troubles instantly.
    Click for more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete

 
Top