Greetings!  What in the world is that I smell ... and feel?  Dare I say that it's SPRING?!  We are being teased with beautiful temps this weekend!  My husband is outside painting our pergola as we speak, and I'm catching up on a few projects I missed doing while down with the *icks*!

So, you may remember me recently sharing the new furniture in our great room not to long ago.  We bought a sofa and love seat set; however, I had already moved the love seat out of the great room (surprise, surprise).  I thought it'd be fun to see what it would look like in our sitting room, which, ever since we moved here, has only had two chairs in it.  I was okay with that, as the room is only 10x13; however, it was lacking a bit of a *cozy* feel:


NOW, with the love seat!  I'm really enjoying how the space is coming together!  It seems a bit more of a comfy spot to curl up with a good read!  Even though, I've never been a fan of putting a large piece of furniture in front of a window, I think this might actually work here:


I moved one of my patterned rugs back in here, along with a wing chair, and brought in colorful pillows from World Market.  The narrow accent table against the wall (from Kirkland's) holds a pair of lamps and a cream pedastal bowl, all from Home Goods:



I filled the bowl with orbs, sea shells, a bound stack of pages from an old book and a cute nest filled with robin's eggs (from Pottery Barn):


I added one of my faux fur rugs (from Tuesday Morning) to the top of the ottoman for some fun texture, along with a tray filled with books and a gold ring box (also from Tuesday Morning):









As for the bookcase, I decided to lighten up it up a bit, too, by adding cream fabric to the back. I'd love to find wallpaper or contact paper instead that is a bit heavier, but this will do for now (please excuse the wrinkles, which I need to steam out):





Of course, I had to play around with the accessories, too.  Love bringing out my shells:


And, while a soup tureen is an unexpected piece for my sitting room bookcase, I love bringing in lighter pieces:


Love the wrapped glass vase:


This wall arrangement remains the same ... for now:


I've ordered a few new things for this room (that were on SALE!), and, if they turn out like I'm hoping they will, I'll be so excited!

I hope you like what I've done.  I *think* Eden approves of the changes.  It's either time for a nap or she's extremely bored watching me move things around.  ((*BIG yawn*)) ... LOL.


I can't wait to see what Spring projects you all have!

I'm going to pop on over to some of my favorite blogs to join their fun parties.  Come on over:

Under the Table and Dreaming/Sunday Showcase Party



Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays

A Stroll Thru Life/Table Top Tuesday

Thanks for stopping by! 

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top