Happy Monday ... hope everyone had a great weekend!  My husband, son and I enjoyed a fun, busy weekend with my stepdaughter and her boyfriend, who drove up from Georgia.  Our visit went by *way* too quickly.  This morning, after they left (and I was able to get a bit of work done), I continued playing around a bit with my Fall decor (feel free to click on any pic to enlarge it) ....


We're hanging out in the breakfast room today.  The last time I posted pics of this area, my color scheme included reds, greens, golds and blacks.  It looked like this:


Now, it looks like this:


As you can see, we did quite a few things in here ... painted the entire kitchen SW Ivoire; took down the cornice boards and apple green roman shades and added 108" checked panels (the *mis*treatments I made) and Origami bamboo roman shades in their place; replaced the laminate on the dry bar; traded out the rug and lightened up the accessories. I gotta say, I'm lovin' the new color scheme!  Don't get me wrong ... I love red, but this is a nice change. 

Here's how my centerpiece looks to-DAY (it'll probably look different tomorrow as I'm still "futzing" with it). 


Love the new fleur-de-lis vase that I ordered from a recent Willow House par-tay.  Of course, I had to *cram* it with muted Fall greenery and sprigs that I found at Michaels and Hobby Lobby:


A simple apothecary jar holds fall potpourri and a candle:


I picked up this pretty, cream bowl from Wal-Mart (along with the matching plates ... part of their Fall line), placed a piece of burlap in there, threw in some green apples and called it a day:


Below the table is a new, neutral "soft" jute rug from Pottery Barn.  Love it:


Looking up, you'll see that we replaced our red chandie shades with cream ones and, just for fun, added some fancy crystals.  Again, I love mixing fancy with casual.  You'll also spy a fun "Fall Harvest" sign from HomeGoods lurking in the background:


Beside the table is a deep red 3-tiered buffet that I picked up at Kirkland's last year.  I'd love to paint it a cream color and perhaps distress it a bit, but then I remember who I am, and that I canNOT paint like you creative folks, so it'll probably stay just the way it is:


I recently snatched up Mr. Rooster from Pottery Barn.  I love how he sits perched on top of the buffet, ready to wake up the house at the crack o' dawn. 


Of course, I had to place a strand of garland around the base and throw in some pinecones for color:


I found a cute set of acrylic leaves at Kirkland's and decided to thread them through tassels and hang them around my lamp bases:


Beyond the window is our screened porch, which I'm not quite done decorating yet.  I'm on the prowl for a set of old whitewashed shutters to put behind the big ol' barn star: 


Back to the buffet ... I shared my cloche filled with goodies last week.  I bought the wooden crate from Pottery Barn to house a few wine bottles:


Guess what?  I spy yet another festive card from KariCraft!


On the other side of the table is the dry bar.  A year ago, it looked like this.  Toooooo dark:


I'm so glad we "retired" the red wall, along with the bronze backsplash and dark countertop.  This is such a fresh change!  I also added the "Wine Tasting" wall words and a few other fun accessories: 


Of course, you gotta throw in a few blocks of *faux* cheese to mix with the *faux* grapes and wine corks:


I thought I'd pull out the wine that I received as hostess gifts last year at our Fall party ... love the bottles of Vampire and chocolate wine:


I found this cute "Give Thanks" book at Cracker Barrel: 


And I'm enjoying this new wooden mini *table* server from Pottery Barn:


Well, once again, I've gotten a bit carried away with pics.  Sorry!  I hope you enjoyed your visit ... come back soon!

Thought I'd link up with:

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Making the World Cuter Monday

Motivate Me Monday

Link Party at The Twice Remembered Cottage

Inspiration Friday at Southern in My Heart

Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays

Thanks so much for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top