Looks like I have a lot of Christmas catching up to do ... so, my apologies in advance that I'm going to be *smothering* you with festive picstures this last week (eek!) before the big day!

Today, it's the sitting room ... come on in!


I wanted to keep this simple in here this year, with a palette of red, white and gold.


This tree used to be in our kitchen  during the Fall ... it was our Fall Family Tree.  My sweet husband and I carefully dragged it to its new spot ... removed the Fall leaves and brown ornaments and replaced them with Chistmas pretties!


Don't you just love these sweet churches from Wal-Mart!  I also added our 12 Days of Christmas ornaments that I found at Kirkland's a few years ago:




Family photos bring stories and laughter from years past ... like that little chubster in the background (a/k/a yours truly)!


Next to the tree, I just *had* to add a splash of red to the mirror ... the feather wreath is from Michael's:


Down below is a sweet nativity from Kirkland's, along with two gold fininals from Lowes (a few years ago).  I placed one of the finials in a glass hurricane and then added snow and a sweet picture of my 97 year old grandmother and Jax:


I love the reflection of the tree in the mirrored accent table:


The bookcase has Christmas embellishments, as well.  I tucked three small trees (Michael's) into leftover burlap and placed them in my IKEA pots.  As for the "JOY" ... they came from Wal-Mart ... it was one ornament that I simply broke apart so that I'd have seperate letters ... easy peasy!


Santa and the reindeer sit on the shelf perched under the glittery snowflakes.  Of course, I had to place them all on a small pile of snow:


Another sweet church from Wal-Mart:


A simple Christmas sprig sits in front of our family picture, along with a sweet saying:


Over on the sofa, I had leftover burlap and a Christmas spray, so I wrapped the pillow and tucked the spray into it:


I just had to include this shot of our wooden bowl filled with ornaments on the ottoman.  If you look into the gold ball, you can see a fun, circular reflection of the room ... love the gold ceiling's reflection!


Ahhh ... the nighttime glow of Christmas lights is my favorite!



Have a fabulous day and, as always, thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm linking up with:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top