Happy *official* Fall Y'all!  Deep rich colors are popping up alllll over blogland now, and I.love.it.  Too bad it's still hot out!

Okay, after our mantel from last year was selected to be featured on Better Homes and Gardens website (BHG.com) as part of this year's Fall inspirational slideshow, admittedly, I found myself thinking "no WAY" will my creative juices be flowing this year.  So, after tweaking ... and tweaking ... and tweaking, I gave up!  Alas, here is our "I give up" Fall mantel:


I have to give the initital *shout out* to the bee-you-tee-ful iron piece that stands center stage on the mantel ... what can I say(?), Home Goods rocks!


I added lit branches to this simple arrangement in a cream pitcher (which I also wrapped twine) ... LOVE how they glow at night.  And, I found this handsome birdie at Hobby Lobby ... I was instantly attracted to his beautiful warm colors:


This "Welcome Harvest" sign was also purchased at HL ... and, the garland below is much like last year's, except I removed the lights and added larger pumpkins:


This cloche, containing lots of smaller pumpkins/leaves, is perched on old books, which I turned so that the pages are facing out:


I hot glued an apothcary jar to this tall candlestick ... threw in some corn, a battery operated monogrammed candle and large bow (with Fall sprig) and call it *a day:*


Down below, our chair now has a coral pillow and simple cream pillow, which I added a burlap bow:


And, woohoo, I discovered this vintage tool box planter hiding at Tuesday Morning (my apologies to whomever hid it to come back and purchase later ... you see, I'm one of those sneaky "hide while I think about it" shoppers, too ... do NOT hide items like this ... I will find it.)  LOL !!


Annnnnd, lastly, a simple white pumpkin topiary sits atop a grapevine wreath, raffia and leaves:


Oh ... and, I did bring back the wooden bead garland that I made last year:


I can't wait to see everyone's mantels!  I'm linking up with:

The Lettered Cottage

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
DIY by Design/Fall into Fall
2805/Potpourri Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
My Romantic Home/Show and Tell Friday
No Minimalist Here/Open House Party
Savvy Seasons/Autumn Arrives Party

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top