I thought I'd give the inside of our home a break and spruce up the outside a bit ... especially since my beautiful friend, Vanessa, and her awesome sister, Heather, are hosting a fun Blogger Block Party coming up soon, which will include a back deck/patio party, along with many others!  Please visit their amazing blog, At The Picket Fence, (which full of talent, sentiment, wit, yummy recipes and their creative, inspiring projects), for more details!  And, I also want to thank Vanessa so very much for recently featuring my blog ... such a sweet surprise, which I sincerely appreciate!

Here is one corner of our back patio (I look forward to sharing the rest of it, as well as our porch, at the blog block party).  The rockers here used to be painted black.  And, just as I was about to spray paint them ORB, they screamed out for color.  So, that's what I gave them!  Two coats of Rustoleum Sunrise Red later and there they are in all their glory:


This is what the *tired* rockers looked like before:


Now ... they pop! 




I found this beautiful, little mosaic table at Pier One (SALE!) ... the colors are so pretty and tie in beautifully with the striped accent pillows (WalMart) that I placed on the rockers.


I redid the floral arrangements in the wall planters up above.  And, yes, I confess, I do NOT have a green thumb ... instead, I have a silk one!


I love mixing apple green, red and yellow together:


Think I might have to spend some time out here this afternoon ...


... that is, after I put a finishing touch on a patriotic wreath that my sweet friend in Virginia asked me to make for her:


Thanks for stopping by ... have a great day !!

Parties I'm linking up with:

At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
Under the Table and Dreaming/Sunday Showcase
Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
Thrifty Decor Chic/Before and After Party
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday

Becca




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top