What a fun and busy week this has been ...

Last weekend, my beautiful stepdaughter and her boyfriend drove up from GA for a great visit; my precious son turned 5 (*insert me crying*), and I turned 42 (again, *insert me crying*)!  AND, my wonderful and handsome husband threw an absolutely fantastic surprise party for me filled with great friends, family, food, drinks and entertainment!  What a great night that was, although, my body still hurts from dancing (one last *insert me crying*).  lol 

So, today, on a rainy Sunday, this household enjoyed a "Lifetime" day (our name for a "lazy day," where my hubs watched sports ... Jax destroyed his playroom with friends ... and I watched *cheezy* Lifetime movies while playing around the house)!

Speaking of rain (which brings mud), I thought we'd revisit our *mud*room, which I have tweaked a bit for Spring!


Hard to believe it once looked like this:


What a difference paint and beadboard makes!  Our neighbor added the beadboard for us.  I then painted it basic white and painted the walls SW Antique White.


The area beside the dryer serves as our little command central.  The black granite countertop used to sit on top of our kitchen island.  We had it cut down to fit this spot and are really pleased with it.  I recently added a pitcher filled with wild flowers for a touch of Spring:


I love the magnetic board (by Peter Walsh) that I found at Office Max.  The black pockets that I added (along with the cream and black photo holder), are all magnetic!  You simply place them wherever you want to on the board.  Fun feature, and they serve as a great place for "this and that" (as I have labled them):


On the soffit above, I changed out the accessories.  I found this cute "Towels" wooden box from HomeGoods, which I added greenery and a small plate.  I then added more white plates, pitchers and wicker trays that I had on hand.  Still tweaking though ... and am on the lookout for a few vintage items to place up here (also hoping to break up the symmetry a bit):





Beside command central, I hung a few pictures, along with two "art" frames where I change out Jax's colorful creations from time-to-time to suit the season:


On the opposite wall is a fun chalkboard found at HomeGoods last Fall (to which I added a gentle "be kind" reminder), along with an iron scrollie from Pier One:


I haven't changed the picture wall much, except for the addition of the rustic "Faith, Family and Friends" sign ...




I added different pillows to the bench below.  And, the wonderful hooks are the perfect place for everything, including my big ol' wonderful "Miche" handbag (which I absolutely LOVE and get compliments on all the time).  You can change the shells of the bag to suit your outfit, season or mood ... they have a shell of every kind and color imagineable.  You should check them out:


Down on the floor is a new sisal rug from World Market, purchased with a gift card a sweet friend gave me for my birthday!  Love all of the fun colors:


And, of course, I still have the hefty and durable basket I found at Target on sale last Fall, which houses the dirty clothes ("P-U") LOL!



Well, that is *all'z* I got folks ... I'm off to check out your projects!  Please join me for fun linky parties:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
A Stroll Thru Life/Table Top Tuesday
The Tattered Tag/K.I.S.S.
Thrifty Decor Chick/Before and After Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesdays Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
My Backyard Eden/Make it Yours Day
Elements Interiors/Whassup Wednesday
The Shabby Chic Cottage/Transformation Thursday
At The Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday

Take care,
Becca




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top