Happy "almost" First Day of Fall!

As I watched our home "virtually" being built, one of the things I loved about it was the sunroom right off of the kitchen.  I remember thinking that if this house were ever to become "ours," I could see myself spending lots of time in this cozy space.

Fast forward a few months, now that the home "is" ours, and, I can honestly say that I do, in fact, spend lots of time in here ... either curled up with a great magazine ... chatting with family/friends ... or, even dozing off for an unexpected snooze (oops)!

Here is what it looked like while the house was being built:


Annnnd, here it is NOW, with a few familiar pieces and all ready for Fall!


Some of you may recognize my favorite fabric from our old home.  The chairs on the other hand, are new!  Well, new to us, anyway ... thanks to Craigslist, these practically unused and comfy IKEA  Ektorp chairs now serve as a place to just "plop!"  They're covered in light sage green slipcovers with cream piping ... and, they happen to match the green in the rug perfectly!  Yay!


The sofa table perched in front of the window holds a few Fall goodies, as well as a pair of lamps that used to be on our old screened porch.



While I played around with adding candle sconces and mirrors on either side of the center window ...


I knew when I stumbled upon these prints at HomeGood, they'd work really well in here for the Fall season!  And, at only $12.99 a print, I found this seasonal purchase easy to justify!


This little coffee table once sat on the screened porch in our old home ... thankfully, because of its petite size, I was able to place it in here:


My favorite wire tray from Pottery Barn sits on top of the table, filled with more Fall goodness:


Let's take one more peek at the whole picture ... 

BEFORE:


AFTER!  I can't wait to see how this cozy space evolves throughout the seasons!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top