Greetings, friends!

Last year, the colors for our Christmas sitting room were built around a red and white plate I found at HomeGoods … THIS year, I'm blaming it all on the fabric!

Yes, earlier this Fall, I added a pretty brown and white chevron fabric to the back of our bookcase.  And, because I really like it, I decided to keep the fabric around for the holidays and just add colors that would complement it for the season. Soooo, in came varying shades of brown, green, white, silver and gold.


Of course, that meant that I had to bring in new, inexpensive fabric for the window, too! 


A green ombre throw helps the *apple-y* green in the curtains really pop.



Back over on the bookcase, I kept it pretty simple by adding just a few holiday embellishments, such as … 


leftover ornaments "showcased" under a cloche,


a reindeer with a bit of added bling (gotta have bling!), and


a wintery plate from HomeGoods.


Our coffee table became the landing spot for more leftover ornaments, candles and inexpensive greenery,


oh, annnd, a spare faux shed antler!




Another change this year in our Christmas sitting room is the placement of our tree.  Rather than placing it in the back corner (and not visible from this spot), I decided to plop it right by the side entryway so that we're able to enjoy it from the kitchen, breakfast room and great room this year, as well!



You guys know by now how much I love crazy, messy tree toppers!




So, there you have it … a Christmas sitting room dressed in brown, green, white, silver and gold … and, it's all the fabric's fault!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

post signature

Partying with:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top