Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!  I hope you're all out enjoying a tall margarita to celebrate the holiday! If I were a fan of tequila, I know *I* would be.  ;)

Thank you for making me feel better about my crazy *self-inflicted* OCD rules of decorating that I shared in my last post!  I'm glad that I'm not alone (lol)!  It also makes me feel a bit more comfortable sharing one of my latest projects!  

In our house, which is an open floor plan, our dining and sitting rooms sit across from each other, separated by our foyer.  When standing in our great room, you can see into both rooms at the same time.  And, for 7 years, one thing that has bothered me is that the lighting didn't match ... crazy, I know (see, there again my OCD rears its head)!

We finally solved the problem and added "this" beauty in here, which is just like the one in our dining room:  


My crazy self also added the same fabric that's in the dining room in here, as well:


What do you think?  Is this a place you might like to "GATHER?"


Here's what the other chandie used to look like: (I'm really enjoying the "presence" the new crystal one has over this one!)  


The new fabric is a fun change, too. Another matching pillow (made by my neighbor) helps to tie it all together, too:


Of course, coastal accents are still splashed around: 







And, so easy to even add a bit of coastal to a simple frame of my sweet boy (a few years ago) by resting a starfish on the corner:


Sufficed to say, having these matching elements now makes things okay in my crazy little decorating world ... for *now* anyway!  LOL


Is that wrong?  Probably ... but, just please play along with me, okay? :)

Thanks for stopping by (and come play with us here):

Dwellings/Amaze Me Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top