Greetings, friends!  

I'm happy to be part of a "Deck the Halls" tour where 11 other bloggers and I will be "virtually" sharing more of our Christmas homes today and tomorrow.

Admittedly, one of my most favorite things to decorate for the season is our mantel.  And, after thinking and thinking … annnnnd thinking how to dress it up this year, I decided to bring back a few of our nutcrackers from Christmas' past!



Glittery nutcrackers are my favorite … I especially love when the sunlight hits them in the late afternoon, casting "bling" all over the room.



And, while I started out with a simple, leafy garland, I soon realized I wasn't kidding anybody but myself and simply had to have more … sooooo, lots of mesh, glitter ribbon, snowflakes and ornaments made their way up there.


I layered a plain wreath from Michael's over our mirror and then dressed it up a bit by adding leftover ornaments and a strand of lights.  And, after searching for something to add to the middle of our mantel, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened a box to find our forgotten "Christmas" sign.  (Don't you just love forgotten purchases?!)  Thank you, HomeGoods!


"Pencily" trees (from Michael's) also got a bit of bling with tinier ornaments:


Our handsome nutcrackers stand guard by the fire,


making sure that no one takes off with the presents!


I love the ambiance of the lights … especially in the evening.  


Thanks so much for visiting our Christmas mantel!  Be sure and visit these amazingly talented ladies who will, undoubtedly, dazzle you with their beautiful Christmas creativity! 
























Linking up with:

HomeGoods/Holiday Home Linky Party
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Thrifty Decor Chick/Christmas Party

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top