Greetings, friends!

By now, I hope all of you are starting to see true signs of Spring!  We've been enjoying a bit warmer weather (except for today), and I think hope *pray* the pollen is just about gone!  And, while I should be playing outside ... I find myself INside, *tinkering* with another little vignette ... this time, on our sofa table.

Let me just say that I truly admire all of you who can crank up the tunes and throw a vignette together without a care in the world!  My crazy mind doesn't usually allow that to happen because of my *OCD self-inflicted decorating rules!*

You see ... when I start on a vignette, usually I have to start with the center of my vignette and work my way out because, if I don't, *bad* things will happen!  Because of that rule, this little guy got to stay: 


To balance the height and colors of the ship, I then brought in a lantern from the porch:


And, because a large meteor would strike if I didn't add another coastal element to tie in with the ship, I then placed a battery operated candle inside the lantern and wrapped it with nautical rope (that they now sell at Michael's ... perfect length, too)!


Then, to keep with the feeling of Spring, I added not one, but TWO of my IKEA faux plants side by side ... while they're both in cute urns from Michael's, I placed one on top of a candle holder to give it a bit of height over its twin:


That's when I reminded myself of my *self-inflicted decorating rule* number 10,289 ... that if I have something on one side, I HAVE to have something similar, if not the same, on the other side because, if I don't, I won't be able to sleep!  Thankfully, I had another plant from IKEA on hand ... I placed this one on a little dessert stand:


And, then as a finishing touch (you know, because I *have* to have a finishing touch), I added this little sign in front of the boat:


All together, it looks like this:


And, as I look at it, I realize that the lantern needs to be higher to balance better with the lamp ... seeee ... here comes the OCD again!

Once I fix that AND find a perfectly narrow basket or trunk to go under the table, I'll be done ... for the moment, anyway:


ONE of these days, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and not care about symmetry, balance OR my decorating rules!  Wanna take a bet how long that will last?  LOL

Partying over here ... come play:

A Stroll Thru Life/Inspire Me Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
DIY by Design/Swing into Spring

Thanks so much for stopping by!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top