Many of you are familiar with the transformation of our fireplace/surround that took place a couple of years ago.  It went from this:


to THIS:


Well, a few days ago, I decided to add a couple of coats of Old White chalk paint to it for a subtle change:


I also lightly distressed it:


And then added a few swipes of Gold Leaf Rub 'n Buff to the center scrollie:


Annnnnnd, I decided to paint the slate surround a soft caramel:


Just a little fun tweaking!


While we're here, I have to give a little shout out to the cute PB pillow I added to the parsons chair:


Off in the background, you might notice that I tweaked another piece, as well:


This was once the bird piece that I painted AS Chateaux Grey:


I thought it was missing "something," so I taped a stencil I had to the center, painted it Old White and then added Gold Leaf Rub 'n Buff:


There, that's better:


Your turn to "tweak" something! 

Oh, and just lookie what I found today ... isn't it bee-you-teee-fulllll ?!  Fall is about to explode in blogland:


Thanks for stopping by,
Come play at:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
Savvy Southern Style/WUW



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top