I love being part of the blogging world during the holidays!  So many fun linky parties ... taking a peek into your beautiful homes and seeing your festive decor keeps me in the holiday spirit! 

Here are just a few pics of our sitting room.  This is where our "family-themed" tree is (which has been up since late September)!  It holds pictures of family members (those still with us and those who have passed), along with familial and other thoughtful sayings.  I wish I could keep this tree up all year round!  (As always, feel free to click on the pics to enlarge them.)


When I put it up this Fall, I kept the colors neutral so that people wouldn't laugh that I had a tree up *that* early!  I later added touches of apple green, along with brown and gold ornaments, to make it a bit more "Christmas-y:" 


The topper consists of brown and white snow covered branches, pheasant feather and big ol' bows.  I did add a few apple green sticks, as well, but they aren't pictured:


On the ottoman, a red tray holds a few "faux" musical instruments and fancy candle:


And, our musical Santa stays seated on the wing chair ready to give us a little concert.  (Jax's *Elfie* chose to fly in and stay put by Santa all day):


Last year, our village was on the buffet in our breakfast area.  This year, I thought it'd be fun to scatter just a few houses on the bookshelves ...

Celebrating that school is officially out for Christmas vacation, Mom and kids load up the perfect Christmas tree to go home and decorate, while other kiddos finish up a snowman in the background:


A sweet Nativity will greet those who will soon arrive for Christmas Eve service: 


Friends roast marshmallows before being called inside for hot chocolate:


And, a family gets a bit of last minute Christmas shopping done in this charming village.  Wouldn't you love to spend a day there?


On an accent table stands carolers who are festively singing:


As always, thanks so much for stopping by ... I really appreciate your visits!  Come join me at these wonderful blogs to share Christmas:






Happy Holidays,
Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top