While I absolutely love holiday decorating ... thanks to a minimal budget, I love *free* holiday decorating even more!  That's why I was happy to have created a vignette on our sofa table in the great room with things I already had on hand.

Whether it's with a bowl of *seasonal* autumnal goodies, filled with faux pumpkins I've gathered over the years ...


or an inexpensive plate from Wal-Mart's BHG line that I scooped up last year (and, happy to say that they're at Wal-Mart again this year, too).


After spending time perched on the bookcase in our sitting room last Fall, this fella (from Michael's) came back for a return appearance ...


and, a lantern, once filled with nautical rope during the Summer months, now has faux leaves in its place ...



with a Fall *crown* made out of picks and leftover ribbon from last year.


Sparkly, little crows, complete with witches' hats, flew on out of our Fall bins and over to branches I recently snatched from the woods, 


annnd, a metal hammered bucket, filled with holiday pillows last year, became a comfy resting spot for a few faux pumpkins this year!  


All of these things came together to create this:


FREE!


Now let's see if I can get away with spending zero dollars finishing the mantel on our porch!  Wish me luck!


As always, thanks for stopping by!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top