Some of you may remember when I redecorated a few rooms at my parents' house this past summer, to include their sunroom.  In this space, I replaced a wicker loveseat, two chairs (all with red cushions) and *yellow-y* walls with a relaxing 4 chair configuration dressed in blues and creams, with a few pops of coral and a big ol' boat that appears to be floating on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, which is right in their backyard.  Once I was done, my parents named their "new" room "The Sanctuary." 


Ever since then, I've wanted to create a little "Sanctuary" in our sitting room; however, it's not as big as my parents room, NOR does it overlook the ocean (bummer)!  Still, I'm determined ...

Here's what it looked like this time, last month:


And, here's what it looks like now:


Like my parents' "Sanctuary," I really want to have 4 white accent chairs in this space (possibly EKTORP Jennylund chairs from IKEA) and position them  around this perfectly-sized round ottoman I recently snagged at Home Goods:



And, while I won't be painting our walls Wythe Blue like I chose for my parents' sunroom, I've added pops of blue back in ... like with this fun, new, geometric fabric,




along with bringing back the blue accent chest that I replaced during the Christmas season:



Also, I'll re-introduce pops of coral once Spring draws near ... for now, I've kept a bit of red for Valentine's Day:




Bessie (the cowhide that *was* in our breakfast area) is now enjoying this space that is filled with lots of white, to include a sofa table that was oak stained a couple of weeks ago, but is now Annie Sloane's "Pure White,"


a pretty, white garden seat I recently scored at TJMaxx,

  
lots of white pieces in the bookcase:



and, okay, a few shells ... just because.



Here's hoping that I can find the perfect chairs to fill this space, without overwhelming it. Until then, I suppose I'll just enjoy our "Wanna Be Sanctuary." (lol)

As always, thanks for stopping by!

And, be sure and come play with us:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
From My Front Porch to Yours/Treasure Hunt Thursday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
post signature



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top