Greetings, sweet friends ... remember me?!  May I just say I've been a bad blogging friend lately!  My crazy summer projects here at home, finishing up my parents' home, along with enjoying family fun, have kept me busy, busy ... out of the blogging loop!  Now, it's time to catch up on all that I've missed!
One of the things I've recently tackled was revamping our laundry room just a bit.  Here's a peek at the before ...


And, here's the AFTER (sorry for the grainy quality):


It's amazing the difference a couple of little changes can make, isn't it?  First, I painted our cabinets Annie Sloane's Pure White.  I then painted the walls BM Wythe Blue and the ceiling BM White Sand.


Our little "command central" is clean and fresh (well, kind of, lol) ...


Canister of clips for fun:


I didn't change anything on the soffitt ... really like how the white plates and pitchers look against the blue wall color:


I moved our fun, family sign in here ... nice reminder to us since it's the first thing we see when we enter the house from our garage:


BEFORE ... admittedly, as much as I loved the shelf on the long wall, it was a bit too long as the door entering the house would *some*how always bang into it.  So much so, that the shelf went *kerplunk* on the floor one day, along with the pictures that rested on the shelf ... wasn't a whole lot of fun picking up all of that broken glass!


AFTER!  We removed the shelf, as well as the hooks below ... added more/different frames, which elongated the family gallery wall.  I love how the black frames pop against the wall.  I'll also be adding a family quote (in vinyl) above the pictures:


I then added individual hooks right into the case molding ... super easy (I may end up adding a few more):


Annnnd, of course, the P-U basket is still here, LOL (such a sturdy basket from Target):


Speaking of gallery walls ... I look forward to showing you all more of the coastal redecorating I did at my parents' house, including the gallery wall I created.  Here's a peek at what I added above the frames ... I took an ordinary oar from this:


to this.  I just added layers of paint I had on hand (CeCe Caldwell's Seattle Mist and Vintage White, followed by a bit of Annie Sloane's Duck Egg Blue and navy craft paint).  I then added "FAMILY" and started sanding away ...


love how sanding here and there revealed the layers of paint ... I then added a bit of nautical rope for a fun touch, too:


Stay tuned ....

And, as always, THANKS for stopping by,

Becca

I'm linking up with:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top