I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I had such a great time with my family and friends!  The last few days have been nothing but eating, laughing, shopping ... repeat ... eating, laughing, shopping ... repeat!  I was more than sad to say goodbye to everyone as they headed back to Virginia. :(

Soooo, to take my mind off of missing my family, I kept busy adding a few last touches of Christmas around the house.  I thought I'd share a little bit of my kitchen, decked out for the holidays.  My goal was to keep it fun, festive and filled with whimsy.  Hope I succeeded!

As you enter through our mudroom, you're greeted by this whimsical tree, filled with cookies, candies, cookie cutters and other fun ornaments (click on pic to enlarge if you'd like):


Mr. and Mrs. Claus have fresh, gingerbread cookies all ready for you:



And, for those of you who remember my love for these cute cards from KariCraft during the Fall, I loved adding a few to this tree, as well:




I found these sweet, festive lollipops at Cracker Barrel ... thought they'd be fun tucked in the tree:


My wonderful elves are perched on top ... they are busy stringing gumdrops, which then cascade around the tree.  They are such wonderful helpers:


I filled my kitchen canisters with calorie-filled yummies, except for the middle one, which I filled with fake snow, ivy and ornaments, topped with an elf:


The other counters have festive touches, as well.  A polka dot bowl of *faux* fresh bread:


A Christmas cookbook tempting you to make something yummy:


This little vignette has a tiered tray of *faux* goodies sitting next to the sweetest picture of my little fella taking his first walk with Santa a few years ago:


Lastly, I topped my kitchen cabinets with garland, snowflakes and red and white ornaments.  Annnnd, I added a "Holly Jolly" note to my chalkboard:


The only thing missing from my kitchen is the smell of Christmas cookies baking in the oven, which I hope Jax will help me with this weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... I'm off to see everyone else's touches of Christmas!

Be sure and stop by these truly wonderful blogs to join the fun!

Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday

BTOTP for Metamorphosis Monday
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top