That's right, folks ... for those of us who have become addicted to AS's chalk paint, we know that a little goes a long way.  And, after I painted my accent chest Old White/Chateaux Grey (seen here), I certainly couldn't let the rest of the paint go to waste, now could I?!  Sooooo ... I closed my eyes and let my paint brush lead me to my next project. 

It was then that I found myself in our kitchen ... staring at the island, which I've loved being Antique White ... hadn't even thought about changing the color, but we all know how that goes.  Before I knew it, the first stroke of Chateaux Grey (which really should be called Chateaux *Green*) had applied itself.  Then came the clear wax, followed by some distressing:

BEFORE:


AFTER:



Love the white peeking through:



I'm on the hunt for new, fun knobs, as well.


Mr. Roo (from Dollar General) got a splash of Old White on his frame to bounce better off of the Chateaux Grey:


While my husband loves it, he mentioned that it did darken the kitchen up a bit ... to which I responded (in my best Wicked Witch of the West voice), "never fear, my dear, lest you forget that Mama's got *big* plans for some of the kitchen cabinets ?! Mwah ha ha ...."

(dipity.com)

And, by now, you guys know that I like odd numbers ... this makes two pieces that I've painted Chateaux Grey.  You know what that means, right?  Please come back soon so that I may show you the third piece! 

As always, thanks for stopping by ... I'm off to play at these wonderful linky parties:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
Shades of Amber/AS Chalk Paint Party
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top